GORE DISTRICT COUNCIL
On The Fly
Events & Campaigns, Local government, Tourism
Gore District Council On The Fly Mataura River Festival Marketing Materials - Print and Digital
- A5 Flyer design
- Light logo tagline refresh
- Logo frame addition
- 1/2 page & 1/4 page advertising design
- Social post design
- Facebook event cover image
- Teardrop flag design
The Gore District Council hosted the first annual On The Fly Mataura River Festival on 20 February 2021, a celebration of fly fishing in the World Capital of Brown Trout Fishing.
Experienced fly fishermen were on hand to teach budding fly fishers the ropes. While keen fishermen learned how to tie flies and cast lines, there was plenty organised for the rest of the family with fun competitions and huge prizes.
- The Mataura River is Southland’s most fished river and is famous worldwide for its mayfly hatches
- Each year it has over 30,000 NZ’ers and 8,000 international tourists doing their best to catch the elusive brown trout
- Fly fishing is relaxing and great exercise, contributing to physical and mental wellbeing
- Fishing provides a significant economic boost to regional economies
- Healthy waterways enable mahinga kai (food gathering) to take place
- Trout are one of the key indicator species for habitat/water quality assessments in waterways
Our brief was to design a fresh and modern flyer with earthy colour tones and rustic textures to accompany the bright yellow brand. Along with updating the strapline we added the yellow textured frame, designed in a way that it can be placed overtop of other imagery and/or used effectively on its own.
The project also required a set of print advertising, digital elements that could be efficiently updated annually and re-usable signage marketing materials.
Find out more:
Let's Get to Work
Got an idea brewing for your next campaign or project?